Thursday, July 9, 2009

visarad in tabla: blind youth begs for livelihood

There is no dearth of talent in India. But with out getting proper scope and platform many talents are extinct from the society every day. Take the example of Surdas, a blind young music expert of a remote village of Bargarh district; his talent does not even able to provide him square-meal to quench his hunger for which he has to beg. Though he feels ashamed of it but he is left with no option. Despite of his every huddle his is quite optimist about a bright future of him. He has acquired ‘visarad’ degree in Tabla and worked for some of local musicians on few occasions in All India Redio (AIR) if Sambalpur station but his blindness comes on his way every time he tried to do something good.“I don’t feel comfortable when I beg in the train compartment but to meet my expenditures I have no other choice. I beg only when I come to Sambalpur or any other places to pursue my long cherished dream of becoming a famous musician. I am confident that days are not far when my dream would become true”,
Surdas Pradhan, a native of Ludurapali-Bhukta under Ambhabona police station of Bargarh district came to the office of RDC (Revenue Divisional commission) on Saturday to request him to provide Tabla, harmonium and other necessary instruments so that he would able to open a music school at Bargarh or Amabhona to earn his livelihood. “He has requested for a harmonium and a tabla so that he will start a music school at Bargarh to train the kids. Though we do not have such provision officially, we will take step to help for his endeavor on our personal level”, the secretary of the RDC told.

Surdas has been blind since his childhood, but he has completed his schooling in Titilagarh and Burla blind schools and after successfully passing maturation but his desire of taking high education did not fruitful because of the poverty. Than he decided to take music as a career and he completed the 7 years course of ‘Visarad’ in Tabla from Prachin Kalakendra of Chandigarh through its Bhawanipatna centre. “I have completed the ‘visarad’ in Tabla but I can play harmonium, Casio and other musical instruments because I have deep inclination towards music. But for this I need a scope to prove my ability”, Surdas told.
Surdas does not want to a burden to his poor parents and he wants to stand on his feet. “Parents have done their duty and now I want to stand on my feet and do not want to a burden to them any more”, Surdas told. he feels himself just like a “Ghungru” When he sings Kishore Kumar’s Ghungru ki taraha bajta ………and wants to sing till he lives with out any regret.

No comments:

Post a Comment