Thursday, July 18, 2013

Injured daughter saved her father's life


daughter in hospital bed
Both father and daughter were severely injured in an accident while they were going in a Bus to Bhubaneswar last month. But despite of own injury a brave and courageous daughter saved the life of her father by providing him timely medical care. She took her father in an ambulance to Cuttack as he was profusely bleeding after splitting his left hand from elbow. The accident took place near Dhenkanal on 24th June and 5 persons were injured in the accident. But the condition of both father and daughter was severe.
 “Though I lost my left hand, I am happy that I got survived because of the courageous act of my daughter”, Debabrat Mishra, the victim said. He informed that after admitted in Om Sai Shubam Nursing home at Cuttack for a week, both father and daughter have shifted to Sambalpur to admit in a local nursing home. While the father lost his hand, the daughter underwent a surgical operation for long 4 hours to reset her dislocated hand.
father lost his left hand
Sources said Debabrat Mishra (49)  of Brajarajnagar of Jharsuguda district was going to Bhubaneswar in a bus along with his daughter Prerana Mishra (19) who studies in 2nd year of Electronics and communication ITER (institute of technical education and research) of Bhubaneswar on Tuesday (24th) night to drop his daughter. “It was around 2.30 or 2.40 am night. Father was already spelt. I was at the window side. Suddenly I heard a busting sound with the bus falling down on the roadside. Since it was dark, I did not find the way to get out. I was in sense. I found my father in semi-conscious situation. I did not know how I got the courage, I pulled him and we managed to get out from the bus from the front glass that was already broken”, Prerana Mishra said while recalling the incident. 
After coming out from the bus, she found her father bleeding profusely as his left hand was detached from the elbow. “I than took my father to the road by climbing the mud heaps of the roadside. I stopped the fire vehicle that was coming from the opposite side. The driver took us to nearby hospital at Meramundali. But since there was no doctor, with the help of the local police we proceeded to Cuttack by a private ambulance”, Prerana said.   .

No comments:

Post a Comment