Thursday, June 3, 2010

7 years girls takes Sambalpur collector to High Court

A 7 year girl has filed a case against the Sambalpur collector in the court of hon’ble high court alleging him responsible for loss of her one academic year after she was refused to get admission in the central school. Collector has recommended her for admission but subsequently he allegedly refused her case recommending another one in her place. As per central school provision, Collector as the chairman of school management has power to recommend admission of two students every year.
“I have done nothing wrong as it is my privilege to recommend two students of my choice. I did as per the provision. There were as many as 5 applicants but I have to select only two. So one can under stand my problem”, collector (Sambalpur) H K Dash said.       
Sources said, Ipisita Sarangi, a 7 years girl was recommended by the previous collector P K Patnaik vide his letter no 1412 of 30/9/2009 for admission in the local central school in standard 2 in the academic year 2010-11. But after his transfer, Ipsita’s father approached before the present collector once again and got recommendation from him for the same vide office letter no. 27 of 09/01/2010.
“I was sure about her admission in KV after getting recommendation of the present collector on the basis of the recommendation of his predecessor. So I did not try any where. But to my utter surprised the present collector, recommended two fresh names deleting the name of my daughter. When I enquired he refused to give any reasons of such changing stating it was his prerogative”, Ipsita’s father Kishore Kumar Sarangi said.   
Sources said, collector made a fresh recommendation vide his office order no.456 of 6th April 2010 where he recommitted Sambit Mahapatra and Aditya Koche for admission in 2nd and 4th standard as his first and second choice respectively suspending his earlier instruction in this regard. While Aditya is the son a senior police officer, Sambit is the son of an employee of a vernacular daily published from Bhubaneswar recently.
When both central and state governments are trying to encourage female education in every spear, here a girl child lost one academic year for just because of wrong decision of a collector. “I wound have done something had he told me about his compulsion. I wound not have taken the matter before the high court”, Kishore added. Meanwhile the high court admitting the case of the Ipisata, has issued notice to the collector.  

No comments:

Post a Comment