Sunday, May 17, 2009

result Sambalpur Lok Sabha surprised everyone including the candidate


it was a miraculous win for congress in Sambalpur Lok Sabha seat. Though congress won the seat it was the candidate who could not believe it when he got the result. Though he visited Sambalpur for several times but in his wildest dream also he was never thought to become the MP of the prestigious Sambalpur parliamentary constituency, but after the delimitation of the constituency it became possible as his native Chhendipada assembly segment got included in the constituency. Meet the congress leader and winning candidate of Sambalpur Parliamentary constituency Amar Pradhan who was initially reluctant to contest the election.
“I was not at-all prepared to contest the parliamentary seat and I had conveyed my feeling to the party leader after they selected my name. I even switched off my cell phone to keep away my self from the party leadership after they forced me to contest. But I was unaware about the wish of the all mighty”, the congress MP of Sambalpur Mr. Amar Pradhan told while meeting the press for the first time as MP on Sunday.
“I was not sure about my win but it is the people of Sambalpur district who made it possible. I am thankful to all my voters. I visited Sambalpur for several times in the past as Youth congress president and later as a minister but I was never dreamt to become the MP of this prestigious seat”, Mr. Pradhan admitted.
Reacting to the query of the press-persons on the stand of the sharing of dam water to the industrial houses, Mr. Pradhan said that he would support the farmers of the district and will oppose the water-sharing policy of the government. :”if necessary I will agitate against the state government”, the newly elected MP Amar Pradhan told.
Sources said, Congress candidate Amar Pradhan won the election defeating his rival Rohit Pujari of BJD with a margin of about 14, 989 votes. When congress got 3, 06,718 votes, BJD finished with a little difference of 2, 91,721 votes and BJP’s Surendra lath remained in third position with a total votes of 1,51,568 votes. Out of the 7 assembly seats BJD won 4 seats congress won 2 and BJP remains happy with one. But congress was quite ahead in both Kuchinda and Rengali assembly seats in comparison to BJD that it became difficult for BJD.On the other hand the BJD candidate Rohit Pujari expressed his gratitude to the voters for extending overwhelms supports. Though he did not win the election still he is happy that his party has got a clear mandate in the state. “I am thankful to my voters for such a huge support.I will continue to serve the people of my constituency” Mr. Rohit Pujari told.

5 comments:

  1. Amar Pradhan should thank his stars. He won because he was lucky. Amar cant speak Sambalpuri language. Congress party ignored Honest leaders like Sriballav Panigrahi who has done a lot for Sambalpur like MCL, Railway Headquarters etc. Panigrahi was denied because of last minute petty poltics by corrupt KP Singh Deo.

    Dont worry Mr. Panigrahi the general public is with you.Sambalpur knows and will 100% be grateful for your good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thankful to You for this comment.However i request you to give your name and adress in future for the better interest of the people. i am 100$ agreed on you comment. But forget about Sambalpur during congress regime entire western Orissa is neglected. Giving ministry to Srikant Jena congress has proved this. Western orissa has given 5 MPs out of total 6. but ministry was given to the only man who represented coastal orissa,

    ReplyDelete
  3. No no that calculation is totaly wrong.Mr Pradhan is frrom western orissa.He always believe on all mighty god as well as his people........A voter of Sambalpur segment

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amar Pradhan is an outsider, can u pls. tell me which segment of Sambalpur does he belong to?????

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amar Pradhan has no loco standi.....he doesn't know the etiquette ......He should be mocked at.....Shame and disgraceful

    ReplyDelete